It's February and while some of you are reminded of that special day that involves roses, heart-shaped candies and chocolates... We want to remind you that February is also National Heart Month!As your dental health care providers, periodontal disease is something that concerns us. Studies have shown that it is linked to heart disease. Find out more by visiting this link:
You may be at risk of gum disease if you answer yes to any of the following questions:
- Do your gums ever bleed?
- Are your teeth loose?
- Have your gums receded, or do your teeth look longer?
- Do you smoke or use tobacco products?
- Have you had any adult teeth extracted?
- Has it been more than 2 years since seeing a dentist?
- Have any of your family members had gum disease?
In the mildest form of the disease, gingivitis, the gums redden, swell and bleed easily. There is usually little or no discomfort. Gingivitis is often caused by inadequate oral hygiene. Gingivitis is reversible with professional treatment and good oral home care.
Request an appointment or call (925) 944-5151 our office to schedule a free periodontal consultation during your next visit.
Dr. Michael Carpentier & Dr. Grace-Mary Hume